As for adjustments, I did toile this so I had a good idea of what I needed to change. I cut a size 12 from the pattern, reduced the side seams under the arms (as I always need to do with Big4 patterns), I shortened the bodice to make my waist more cinched and I lengthened the hem by 10cm (as I always need to do!).
I also made my sister, Liz, a dress. It's the Salme Olsen dress. I have made a few of these as sun dresses and they are super quick and satisfying to make up. This pattern and fabric was in my stash as well! Challenge accepted...twice!
Pattern: Vogue #1289 by Pamela Rolland
Adjustments: Added 10cm to length, shortened bodice by 3cm, shortened the strap by about 10cm!, reduced the neckline on the gathered bodice, reduced the side seam at underarm.
Fabric: A silk taffeta in teal. Was in the stash, not sure where I got it from.
What I would change for next time: Reduce the gathers at the shoulder seam dramatically, take in the waist a little bit more.
How easy was it to make: An intermediate level sewer would be about to make this up fairly simply. The adjustments were tricky given the pleats and gathers.
You can also check out all about the Frocktails event here. If you would like to join us next time, please sign up to the newsletter and stay tuned for more info!