A superhero cape for a little superheroIt was our nephew, S's birthday recently (yes, I am very very very late in getting this to him). Our nephews already have quite a few toys so we are trying to now give them 'useful' things or things that I have made and they can use. Much like the dinosaur tail for Nephew H.
So for this birthday, I thought this superhero cape would be cute!
I used the tutorial from Somewhat Simple & then just made a few adjustments along the way.
- Felt - your choice of colours. I bought 1/2m of the main colour & only 10cm of the others
- The good scissors
- Tape measure
- Thread - I used embroidery thread in a contrasting colour
- Velco - I only bought the minimum amount I was allowed
- I made the neck a little big but I didn't have a little person around to measure it on.
- We'll have to wait & see if it is too long. But the good thing is that Mum can trim the hem.
- Iron velcro would be a better idea - saves on handstitiching!